Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wax On, Wax Off

Ok, don't judge.  I was desperate the other day and the lady who normally waxes my eyebrows was busy. I was going somewhere and didn't have time to go back or try someone else.  So, I decided to take the ultimate dare and wax my eyebrows myself.  I was TOTALLY SHOCKED by how normal it turned out.  I was fully prepared to have to go and get some female Rogaine to rub on my eyebrows as a result of my waxing attempt.  I don't think it would have worked if I had to shape my eyebrows.  For whatever reason, I have low-maintenance eyebrows.  I know right - I am maintenance in every other way.  All I have is some rampant hairs underneath the ends of my eyebrows - but there sure are a lot in that one little spot. 

There are no actual strips, you just use the paddle to put the wax in the desired location, and then pull your skin and directly yank the wax off - and it really does work pretty well.  I had to pick a few pieces, as I didn't get a good grip since I didn't know what to expect, but even with picking pieces at a time, the whole process took less than 10 minutes, for both brows.

Anyway, the Sally Hansen At-Home Wax kit is a lifesaver and also a big $$$ saver.   It cost $8 for a whole pot (which unless wax rots, I expect to last for months and months), instead of $10 per wax at my salon.  Win!

No comments: