Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cherry Vanilla Buttercream Baby Cakes

These little bites were delicious!  I think I like these even better than regular cupcakes because it is just enough icing and cake.  I've found that at most parties, people won't eat regular-sized cupcakes, but they will eat the tiny bites.

These are made with my regular buttercream recipe (which isn't really a recipe - I just start with a stick of low-fat butter, and add 1 tsp of vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar, and I keep adding sugar until I get a good piping consistency that won't melt) with cherry flavoring.  I baked them for 12 minutes (cake mix says 18 for regular cupcakes), and they turned out perfect.  I used one of my jumbo piping tips to ice them, and it took just about once squeeze per cupcake - super fast to ice.




No comments: