Monday, April 14, 2014

Vinegar and Feta Slaw


If you saw my sweet and sour cabbage post, you'll know that I hate cabbage. But, I have always liked Zoe's coleslaw. First - this doesn't taste just like Zoe's, so don't get your hopes up too much. But, it is vinegar based and mighty tasty if I do say so myself.

Ingredients
 
1 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced (I think you could purchase angel hair coleslaw prepackaged and it would work well)
1 (6 oz) package crumbled feta
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used a splash of white vinegar along with this)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Combine shredded cabbage and feta in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and EVOO. Pour over the slaw and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It's best if you let it refrigerate for a few hours.

No comments: