Friday, July 13, 2012

Southwest Chicken Salad

I got this recipe off Pintrest, and made some adjustments.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
1/3 cup of light sour cream
1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of black beans
3 tablespoons lime juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons cilantro
1/4 cup of homemade salsa (jarred salsa would work just fine)
3 ounces of reduced-fat shredded cheese

I don't care for onions or raw peppers, so I left those out.  I do like corn, but I was lazy and didn't feel like walking all the way out to our storage unit to get it (which is like five feet away).  I added the Greek yogurt for some extra protein (next time I think I will use only Greek yogurt). I also added the salsa for a little extra flavor.

No comments: