Friday, June 21, 2013

Zucchini Brownies

Yes, as the title suggests, these brownies have zucchini as an ingredient. While I got the idea from a made-from-scratch recipe, I had to come to terms with the fact that I am a not a made-from-scratch mom. I wish I was, and I have tried. While I do some things made from scratch in an effort to eat cleaner, I fall short - and with twins on the way, I don't expect that to change - my kids will have to be thankful these aren't microwave brownies at this point.  

So anyway, I modified a prepackaged box of brownies based on this recipe and swapped the oil for pureed zucchini. Instead of the called for 1/2 cup, it probably ended up being slightly over 1/2 cup (FYI- 2 zucchinis yielded about 1-1/3 cups puree, so I froze the rest). I also used egg whites instead of eggs, just for fun - I'm wild and crazy like that.

Results - delicious, cake-like brownies that hubby ate two of.

No comments: