Sunday, April 27, 2014

Camel Rider

Here's a good hump day recipe...Camel Riders! Don't even ask why they are called that - I have no idea. But they are famous at Sammy's Sandwhich Shop near the BHM airport. Basically, they taste like a hamburger in a pita with several fixins. I don't normally eat anything on my burgers, but for some reason the combo in a pita with homemade Thousand Island makes me go omnomnom. 

You will need:
Whole wheat pitas
1 pound of lean hamburger meat
A whole onion
Whole green pepper
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Shredded cheese
Homemade Thousand Island dressing

Put onions and peppers in skillet with a little olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes. Add hamburger meat and brown.

Warm pita, put in shredded lettuce, cooked meat mixture, homemade Thousand Island and shredded cheese to top. 

You can thank me in the comments.


No comments: