Saturday, May 03, 2014

French Bread Pizza + Homemade Sauce

This pizza itself isn't much of a recipe, just pile on whatever ingredients as you please. I used my toaster oven and cooked them for 10 min at 350.  Here's my sauce recipe, slightly modified from the original. I didn't include marjoram just because I didn't have any. I plan to use it next time.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (12 ounce) can of tomato paste
  • 1 cup of warm water
  • 2 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
  • 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon of black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano

  • Mix all in pot and simmer. Despite my increased amount of tomato paste and water, I didn't increase the garlic, and I still think it was a bit strong. I will do just one next time.




    No comments: