Monday, April 14, 2014

Peanut Butter Protein Balls

Yum Yum Yum - totally keeps the sweet tooth at bay without busting the healthier eating because these are healthy. You could health it up even more by using almond butter, but peanuts are cheaper ;) 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup organic old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (I make my own peanut butter)
  • 1/2 cup organic ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup organic chocolate chips 
  • 1/3 cup organic raw honey
  • 1  tbsp. organic chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
Directions:
Combine all the ingredients well with your hands in a medium to large glass bowl. Cover the bowl and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. I refrigerate in mini muffin pans so they harden enough to put into a container without sticking to each other. Makes about 25-30 balls depending on how big (or small) you make them.


This isn't my recipe - I modified it from the modifier because I don't like coconut.  To see the modified recipe, click here. To see the original recipe click here.

No comments: