Monday, April 14, 2014

Skinny Alfredo

Thanks to my friend Fegan for sharing her Skinny Alfredo recipe! I added oregano to it, because I fully believe with all my heart God did not intend any Italian dish to be without oregano. I think he might have even said, "Let there be oregano." And it was good. ;)

12 oz pasta (we use rice pasta)
1 tbsp EVOO 
4 garlic cloves, minced 
3 tbsp flour*
1 c chicken broth 
1 c milk (I use 1%) 
3/4 c Parmesan cheese (buy a block and grate it) 
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper 

Boil water and cook pasta al dente in salted water. In a sauté pan, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, stirring occasionally (approx. 1 minute). Sprinkle flour into pan a little at a time, and stir to combine. Sauté additional minute, stirring occasionally. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine. Whisk in milk and bring to simmer. Let cook another minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted, reduce heat to medium-low. Add pepper and stir. Drain pasta then add to sauce. Devour.

* Could possibly use starch to eliminate the flour flavor - I plan to try next time 

P.S. I know the photo doesn't look delicious. I should have taken it when it was on  the pasta, looking all beautiful. But, it didn't last that long. This is a photo of what was left in the pot. :)



No comments: