Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tour de Cure

So the Pedalin' Perrys began as my husband was invited to ride with his company in Alabama's Tour de Cure.  The Tour de Cure raises money for diabetes research. My husband's father passed away in 2010 from leukemia, but he was also a diabetic, and that caused several problems for him that potentially made the leukemia treatment unsuccessful.  So, naturally, hubby is riding for his father - who (besides my own dad) was probably the greatest man I've ever known.  He is riding in the 20-mile ride, since this is his first ride. Other members of his team are doing the 100-mile ride (no thanks), and I am very proud of him for attempting this.  Plus, it has been fun finding a way to exercise as a family.  He reached his goal of $150 thanks to family and some co-workers, and has raised his goal to $250 - if any one wants to support Paul on his first ride, visit his Tour de Cure page.  The race is May 12, so stay tuned!

No comments: